Its history and restoration
The organ was built by George Fincham,
one of Australia's finest and largest organ
The 1905 George Fincham Pipe Organ was originally built
for St. John's Presbyterian Church, Wahroonga.
It was relocated to the Hurstville Christadelphian
Church in Rose Street, Hurstville in 1961 and moved to
its current location between 1986 and 1992.
In July 1985, the Organ Historical Trust of Australia
investigated the pipe organ, documented their findings
and listed it in their
Peter Jewkes and company, along with valuable heritage
advice from Dr Kelvin Hastie, undertook the restoration
work on the organ which was completed in 2009.
The restoration was documented in
Dr. Hastie's report,
Funding was made possible by generous donations from
Church members and in 2008, the Heritage Branch,
NSW Department of Planning, kindly assisted the
restoration of the organ with a grant.
The historic organ continues to be regularly used to
accompany worship services held at the hall.